Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Decisions

As you may have gathered from the last entry, I was quite enjoying myself in Warhammer. I love how the game feels like you are standing in the world of the boardgame and the way the PvE part (PQ's and such) is being handled. PvP-wise I was enjoying myself a lot more than with WoW. All in all, a thoroughly decent game. Which I'm not going to renew my subscription for.

Why not? Because it's another grind to a point where I'll end up not achieving the ingame goals I've set, simply because my life does not permit me to spend that much time on a game. I've tried to just go with the game's flow and run around like a noob, not caring what skills I used and whether I was "doing it right", just to get back that feeling I had when WoW was still fresh to me, and holy shock was my pull (lulz). But after a week I was scouring class forums and checking easily obtained high quality gear; adjusting my levelling path just to make sure I followed the "optimal" route.

I know where this is headed, and I'm not going there again. So once the sub runs out it's goodbye Warhammer. I will give EVE another shot, and that will probably be it, MMO-wise.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. Yes.
    And now even more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize, o love of my life, that my sub will not run out for around 40 days?

    ReplyDelete