Friday, March 20, 2009

Morrowind diary part 1

I like the idea of RPG diaries, as long as it's either amusingly sarcastic ( I recall reading a morrowind diary where the writer couldn't stop talking about how all guards looked like Hugh Grant, can't find it anymore unfortunately.) or convincingly Roleplayed. Or both, naturally. In order to give you, my sweet reader, an idea of what I consider convincing roleplay, here are two examples, one of them is not convincing, the other one is.

" 'T is a foul land indeed. The mosquitos are buzzing angrily upon Seyda Neens stale harbor air. I feel unfriendly faces upon me. The locals do not seem to care much for what they call "Outlanders". My pockets are nigh on empty, bar the rags that have to pass for clothing and that ring I stumbled upon. Perhaps I will head on to the tradehouse that the guard mentioned and see if I can get some work there. Right now I would even steal, were it not for my honour code forbidding me to rob these poor peasants."

As opposed to:

" Hi, my name is Shelby and I'm a paladin. Weeelll, sort of anyway. I carry a big sword and I can cast some healing spells. I like to wear a nice mix of heavy and medium plate stuff, mostly for looks. Looks can't kill, but looking like I can kill prevents people from trying to kill me.

I suppose most paladins are bound by some sort of code, which is probably full of commandments like helping the poor and aiding the sick and not being a jerk. I don't really roll with that. Some poor sod needs a hand in a fight, sure, I'll help, and I won't even ask for payment. Just let me loot their corpses afterwards. Evil oppressor bothering ya? Just wait till I get twenty more levels and we'll talk. I like a level playing field, with me slightly above it.

Now that you know that about me, you will understand that the first few days I spent on this forsaken island were filled with gathering cash, gearing up and refining skooma with my buddy Caius...I meant discussing my orders. Skooma is bad, it makes you run fast. Anyway, unlike that turd Jiub, who did nothing back on the boat but hanging around asking for my name, I actually indulged in a fair bit of research. So upon arrival in this hellhole, I knew exactly what to do. Cleared my papers at the Census office and took a strider straight to Balmora*, checking in with skoomafa..Caius and getting a 100 g's on the go. Mages guild next, teleport to Caldera and on to Gorak Manor to get my free Orcish Armor. They keep a tame scamp in there, so you can basically take anything they have lying around cause they won't alert the law anyway. Imperial soldiers are a bitch when it comes to Daedra.

Honour code? Stealing from thieves and demon worshippers sounds fine to ME.

Fun thing, that scamp is rich, sell the armor to him and teleport to Ald'Ruhn. Strider to Maar Gan and into the hills to find some old Dunmer stronghold with a name I keep forgetting. Run around a bit, practise my weapon skills on unsuspecting thieves and rock turkeys, there we are! One dead Ordinator, carrying a full set of Indoril armor. Lug that shit back to Caldera and sell to Creeper, my best friend the scamp. I kep the shirt I found on him, free heals are good.

So that's around 23.000 gold made in half a day. God I'm so pro."


Guess which one I play?

*) AFTER solving the great mystery of the missing tax collector and watching a wood elf dressed like a girl fall from the sky. What an island!

2 comments:

  1. Something you HAVE to see.

    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3122/wowscrnshot032109163552.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG

    Crusader aura is on. Kick palleh.

    ReplyDelete