Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Food, delicious food, how I love thee



So, yesterday was a normal work day, with some normal emaling to and from the home front. When it came to dinner, we were both out of ideas, and Owlet mentioned she'd just take the ducklings out shopping and she would see if she ran into anything nice.

I figured, well ok, rice and some prefabricated sauce woudln't be my first choice, but I can live with it. Easily, I'm hungry as hell all the time anyway. But despite that, my expectations for the evening meal were not high.

Imagine how my jaw dropped when I came home that night. Owlet had gone all Pioneer Woman on me! Here's the goodness, and boy oh boy, it was goooood. Unfortunately, the lady Drummond does not allows us city slickers to abuse her imagery, so you will have to make do with the urls. It's no punishment to check her website anyway, so gogo!


Zucchini cakes


Ranch Chicken (garglegargleslurp; makes me swoon just thinking of it)

Onion Rings

and fresh Homemade Ranch Dip to top it all off.

It was so fucking good, I'm still feeling like I'm floating on a cloud. The saying goes that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. Well, maybe it is. and not because men are gorging pigs, but because GOOD FOOD MATTERS, GODAMMIT. It brightens your day, it makes you get tiny orgasms in your head, it re-establishes family ties (if you manage to keep your kids at the table long enough) and , oh yeah, it keeps you alive too.

2 comments:

  1. Ik neem mijn eerdere comment terug. Hier zou ik ook wel een dag (of wat) van in de hemel kunnen rondlopen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. die Zucchini cakes waren inderdaad best goed te doen.

    ReplyDelete