Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Luxury issues

Second day at work without internets. It's getting to me. I feel like I'm sitting behind my pc with a blindfold over one eye. Usually, when I need to call a client I just go to their site and ask whoever answers for the person I'm looking for. It saves me keeping track of everybody's extensions and other crap. Also, the people picking up the phone are probably being paid to do so; so I'm helping them out as well since they look busier trying to connect me.

That's the professional side of it. When it comes to the private part of it, things are EVEN MORE COMPLICATED. I usually have my wife "with me" by means of msn. I don't IRC, that's for nerds :> We dicscuss what I should get for dinner, and what our kids are doing, and what total fucking retarded bitches some co-workers can be. She is my connection to the world, linking me interesting recipies and knitting patterns (I don't knit, yet. I intend to learn after I learned html)and more stuff.

Ofcourse, you don't realize how comforting all that stuff is until you are without it. Today it got to a point where I would open up my old msn-logs and read back old conversations I had with my wife, just to get my comfort zone up and running.I failed miserably because none of the links worked /sadpanda.

PS: I changed the template, this one is better because less is more. So there.

Tomorrow: to-do lists.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that people can't comment here? I can, so why shouldn't everybody else?

    ReplyDelete