Sunday, February 15, 2009

Me and my big mouth

We had a bring-your-own-food-party last night, Owlet and me. She had spent 8-odd hours in the kitchen preparing all the dishes (we were asked to make one or two so she made four, /love). According to her own blog, she went all Nigella. It was a succes! You can read up on the dishes she made here. Did I prepare something? Nope, but despite the fact that I have a few really nice dishes up my sleave, I'm no match for Owlets raging cuisine. Her gift for cooking is...well you should taste it. It's undescribably good.

Regarding todays' title, only when leaving the party I realized I had been talking all evening. In fact, I think nobody else got a word in while I was there. For some reason I just keep going if I'm in the mood, and since thre was good food and alcohol, my mood was that good that some people probably didnt even say hello to each other until I had left.

Is it a bad thing? Let's just say I'm fine with it. I suppose some people like hearing me talk and joke since that are not naturally talkative, but having one person always doing the talking certainly swings the mood in one direction. Last night it was a good direction, so it's okay. I'll be a bit more quiet next time.

Oh, Erik, from Braindisorder, sent me this a while back. I've been wondering how to comment on this. It's WoW-related yes. Does it concern my rehab-programme? No. I did not quit WoW because I got into trouble with 14 year old girls every weekend.

Sex with minors. Don't, people will fuck your shit up if you do. Whether that's justified or not, I don't know. There is an OCEAN of difference between being abused by a paedophile and maturing slightly ahead of your years and falling in love with an internet loser. Having said that, you need be either really fucking stupid to:

- Believe that someone claiming to be a girl on the internet IS really a girl.
- Believe that someone tells the truth about their age.
- Meet someone IRL after four years of chatting and doing her straight away
- Get caught. Idiot.

Or you are just damn desperate. It would help if this sort of news could be brought with pictures of both the dude and the dudette involved. Just to make things more understandable. Or less, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment