Friday, February 13, 2009

A week unlike any other, yet very much the same

So this week wasn't my best. I'd been anticipating the job interview I had last wednesday, and it went really well. I'd been gunning for a job way out of my league, partly out of cluelessness and partly just because I know I can make a difference in any company I work for. I generate customers, I reel em in, I bring in the cash, whatever you want to call it. I have some skills that are rare, and I work hard enough improving them. In that light, the invite* itself was an achievement. So now I have a few more days to set up a marketing/sales plan to attract some big fish for my possible future employer. Yes, that is quite a challenge. Therefore, it's fun.

Good thing, because the euphoria of quitting WoW is fading fast. What seemed like tons of spare time can easily turn into horrifying marriage-wrecking boredom. And studying html with two kids screaming their lungs out is not a great idea. Also, is it a good idea? Or should I just take up knitting? I would like to knit my own caps and cuddly toys I guess.

Or hey, spend more time with your kids! Well, I do already. I'm not such a bad parent as I make myself out to be., not even when I was still palying WoW. But I never feel like it's enough. Games are easy. Hitcap is 9%? Ok I'll get it. But what's the cap on a diaper? Does it have a cap? Is it Bind on Equip? Can I craft them? SHOULD I craft them?

Relax, those questions don't even apply. Parenting is 50% following your intuition and the other 50% is ignoring most well-meant advice and using your common sense.

*) Obcsure WoW reference**, naturally.
**) "He's got sales experience! Invite him to the guild!" ***
***) Asterisk tricks stolen from Mr. T Pratchett ****
****) That's enough, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment